Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kewl tech, or just a highlight of my poor stock picking?

I'm always on the lookout for some cool new technology, usefulness be damned! So, when I read about wikinvest, I just had to try it out. Wikinvest is a wiki for investing (clever name...), and they also offer embeddable, interactive stock charts. But, which stock should I choose?

Well, I could choose something interesting and topical, like Starbucks or Google or Apple, or I could choose one of my recent stock picks. Well, given my stock-picking prowess these past few months, this isn't a shining example of my intelligence. But, remember, this is for testing the wikinvest chart! This is not to spark commentary from anyone, especially Sarah, on my investment choices.

Every stock has a bad day or two...or three...or 207....





Go ahead and play around with the chart. Oh, and do you see that little spike around the beginning of June? Yeah, of course that's when I bought in...at $54...

Move your mouse along the line and see the daily prices. Change the time scale. Or, click on the little letters, which correspond to news. And, since it's a cool wiki, you can even add your own news. Click on the "B" at the beginning of June and see what it says!

Please, keep your comments to yourself! ;-)

No comments: