Thursday, February 17, 2005

Blogging, Podcasting and Idaho!

Blogging

So this blogging thing is really taking off. I don't mean my blog, because this is pretty lame. I mean the overall blogging revolution. OK, well maybe "revolution" is a bit of an overstatement. And maybe by my thinking that it's just now taking off makes me even more lame.

Anyway, the more I look around, the more blogs I find. It's like any swinging dick with an opinion on something has started their own blog! That pretty much includes everyone with an internet connection and some kind of tech/geek ability - even me! So, I'm finding that I need to specialize and find my niche. Should it be food? Wine? Quantum physics? Composting methods of pre-cambrian homo sapiens? Or, just my rants? I guess we'll see where it goes. In the meantime, look below for some blogs that I've recently stumbled upon...

Podcasting

Remember Adam Curry? You know, the long-haired VJ from '80s MTV. Anyway, I guess he's either bored or rich these days, so he decided to jump on the iPod Economy bandwagon and start a website called www.iPodder.org. iPodder is basically a directory for Podcasts. What's a Podcast? Well, a Podcast is a way for any swinging dick with an internet connection (and a sound card) and some tech/geek ability to record their musings to an mp3 file and then post them on the internet for people to download and listen to on their iPod.

It's like, all of a sudden, anyone can create their own quasi-radio-station on the internet. And, the best thing about it is that it's all pre-TiVo'd and waiting for you to have the time to listen to it. I've read quite a bit about it lately, and it seems to be pretty new, making blogs look like pencil and paper. So, being the geek that I am, I downloaded a few to listen to tonight on my flight to Idaho.

Idaho?

Idaho

That's right, baby! I - DA - HOE! Home of... Birthplace of... Um, home of potatoes? Yeah, potatoes. Um, home - or part-time home - of Ashton and Demi. And Bruce too. And, I think Hemingway was born there. Maybe.

Anyway (I like using that word), Sarah was stationed up in Boise this past week, so I'm heading up to meet her tonight. Tomorrow, we're heading off to Sun Valley! It should be fun. I'll fill in the details next week.

Wine Blogs/Podcasts:
www.screwtops.com
www.winecast.net
www.graperadio.com
www.talkingaboutwine.com

Food Blogs/Podcasts:
www.chezpim.com - this chick is getting a lot of press about being a new-wave restaurant and food critic - I'm undecided on her usefulness, but giving it a chance.
www.cookingontheradio.com


Later skater...

No comments: